Contributing MemberPosts: 904Gear list
Like?
Re: Problems with a7 that need firmware update
In reply to viking79, 5 months ago

viking79 wrote:

Euell wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Dustinash wrote:

-the autofocus assist DOES NOT work with flashes, when you mount a sony flash and are using standard FE-mount lenses, the camera will still try and use its awful orange light instead of the much subtler red grid from the flash. AF assist light will not work at all with alpha glass.

-the back screen needs to be able to shut off rather then go black but still be powered. This is a waste of battery life and is just dumb. increase wake up speed and add in a faster sleep and the camera would almost be as efficient as a standard dslr with battery consumption.

I would add that the "finder/monitor/auto" should just be a toggle that can be assigned to a button. IE - using the button would switch between monitor and finder and/or both off. I could completely and utterly live without "auto" mode if I had this.

-low light af is not good.

It is better on the 55 1.8 than on the 35 2.8, but I agree that it hunts a bit. However, no worse than a D600.

Please comment or add

Too bad it didn't get the A6000 improvements in AF, although Sony could have included those. Next time probably.

No, not without an all new sensor.

Plus, the A6000 is not even available yet, we don't really know how good the AF really is.

Eric

We just don't know how much better the AF will be. Safe to say that with all the Sony hype the A6000 AF will be better than current models. Yes, the A7/A7r sensors would have to changed for PDAF, but I'm confident that Sony will get it right when the upgraded A7/A7r come out and include PDAF like Sony has for the A6000.

Euell's gear list:Euell's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow