Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ormdig
Contributing MemberPosts: 737Gear list
Like?
Re: 1.4 / 58 hast just been tested on Lenstip
In reply to thelenspainter, 10 months ago

thelenspainter wrote:

ormdig wrote:

Camera Labs has never impressed me and I wonder as do others if LensTip got a bad copy. Their sample shots don't look anything like what others have posted.

Actually the one thing I like about Camera Labs is that they are one of the only sites that consistently test lenses at infinity (with their 'unremarkables' shots). These are fantastic if one is trying to choose a landscape lens.

Hi, the only problem with infinity shots is the role that atmospheric effects can have on the image. I've noticed many time that CameraLabs "unremarkables" seem hazy at distance. Where I live (Arkansas) it is a rare day when the atmosphere is truly clear. I like to shoot C130s as they fly right overhead and I have learned to not even think about it unless it is one of those rare days as I will be disappointed by the results.

-- hide signature --

Pete

ormdig's gear list:ormdig's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow