Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
InspecterJones
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
A6000 or a7?
9 months ago

There's a good deal going on so I could get into the a7 system with the 35mm for around $2000 and I was gonna jump on it - big but coming up - BUUUUUT with news of the a6000 I'm just not sure anymore. My nex progression has gone nex5 > 5n > 6 and this is where I am right now. I've never owned a full frame camera so I'm having a hard time making a decision.

The primary driving point with the a6000 would the supposed crazy AF - which looks on point from videos - and the size. I'd have to make the decision soon as the sale will probably be over soon. I'm also thinking that whatever the next a7 model will be is more than likely going to have similar AF but I don't know what kind of timeline Sony has set for themselves.

I use my cameras for family photos and am working on doing studio work but I feel like either camera could pull it off. One strong pull for the a6000 is being able to carry it around regularly with the powerzoom in my bag - the same can be accomplished with the a7+35mm though.

I'm also worried that the cost of ownership for the a7 will be too high for me at this point as I don't make money from it (but I'd like to get to a place where I am). I'd love to get some insights on what you guys might do or how you would choose. I realize its a bit hard without having the a6000 out in the wild but maybe some gut responses would help.

As far as the 7r, I don't think I could justify the extra cost currently as it doesn't seem like THAT much of an improvement, especially without the faster focus of the a7.

Is going full frame really that freaking amazing?

Also, I just wanted to throw in to remember that the a6000 is half the price, which is always a point of consideration.

Another question, is anyone not buying an a7/r and waiting for version 2 to come out?

Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow