Need For Articulating LCD On 6D MKII

Started Feb 6, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 1,450Gear list
Re: Need For Articulating LCD On 6D MKII
In reply to Keith Z Leonard, Feb 15, 2014

Keith Z Leonard wrote:

I think it would make sense to have a tilty-flippy screen on the 6D, it's the right spot in the line-up for that. I can't imagine not being able to photograph a physics lab without one though. I personally don't much care for live view in general though, so maybe it's just me. The screen for me would be 99% about video, the other 1% would be for crazy situations like in a hugely crowded environment where I had to hold a camera up over my head, but I have not had that situation happen where the current live view was a problem in the past 10 years. To each their own.

Well, I was once in Madrid and happened upon the final leg of the big Spanish bike race (I forget the name, equivalent to the Tour De France). The leaders happened to be coming along in front of our hotel, so i used the articulated screen above my head to catch some shots as they came toward the finish. Pretty cool!

I wouldn't mind the articulated screen, or the touchscreen for that matter. So long as the camera was equally durable.

 stratobill's gear list:stratobill's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow