Misinformation about m4/3

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
NewGirlLiz
Regular MemberPosts: 355
Like?
Re: Not uncommon at all, ..
In reply to Sergey_Green, 8 months ago

Sergey_Green wrote:

Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson, if you try to use what he recommends with your mirrorless setup, it will not make any sense whatsoever. Yet the book is considered as educational (on the subject), and is often recommended on these very same forums (same as many others). --

- sergey

Yikes - I recently bought this book and was about to start reading/studying it. Would it be possible to elaborate on why the book won't make sense, so I can decide whether to attempt to learn from it or take it back to the shop! Thanks!

Re other areas of the discussion - I'm also attending a photography course and am also the only one using a M4/3 system. The teacher seems quite open to it, and I haven't had any negative comments yet. In fact, during one session on portraits, a couple of the other students remarked on how impressed they were with the quality of the shots I managed to get hand held (with EM1 & 12-40 F2.8 lens) where they had to use a tripod for theirs. A point to both camera and lens I think.

Best wishes

Liz

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow