Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
NowHearThis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,188Gear list
Like?
you misquoted the rumor site...
In reply to Christof21, 5 months ago

Christof21 wrote:

Hi,

Coming from Fuji, I could be interested in the new A6000. It has lot's of features really interesting (more mp, high AF coverage, zebra...). You won't be surprised if I tell you that the problem is the lens...

I could be interested in Sony if they had a roadmap for APS-C E mount lenses. If my understanding is correct, they will only invest in FE mount lenses which are compatible with APS-C.

That information comes from a rumor site and the rumor site said "mainly focus", not "only focus".  That's a big difference.  Besides, Sony reserves the right to do whatever they want to stay competitive.  If that means, market demand wants them to release faster primes, long telephotos, ... then they will.  Right now Sony had some very enticing options: 16-70/4 Zeiss, 10-18, 70-200/4 among others

The problem is that it is better to use lenses designed for APS--C, you have more resolution.

No, using FF lenses on APS-C bodies means you're shooting through the sweet spot on the glass.

What are your expectations if you have a Sony APS-C ?

I used to have a NEX 7, all i ever wanted was a 16-80 with OSS, that one lens will do most of what I need.  Everyone manufacturer should make one; skip the 18-xxx, just give me wider and a fixed F/4 with high image quality.

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow