Re: FF DSLR / SLR lenses on APS-C = sharp
In reply to nzmacro, 9 months ago

nzmacro wrote:

Christof21 wrote:

Rupek wrote:

Euell wrote:

Christof21 wrote:

Hi,

Coming from Fuji, I could be interested in the new A6000. It has lot's of features really interesting (more mp, high AF coverage, zebra...). You won't be surprised if I tell you that the problem is the lens...

I could be interested in Sony if they had a roadmap for APS-C E mount lenses. If my understanding is correct, they will only invest in FE mount lenses which are compatible with APS-C. The problem is that it is better to use lenses designed for APS--C, you have more resolution.

What are your expectations if you have a Sony APS-C ?

The problem, if there is one, is not with the resolution of FE lenses used with APSc bodies, but rather with the availability of appropriate APSc focal lengths . FF lenses likely to be expensive too, although we have seen Sony up the tab on APSc lenses too.

You are loosing resolution (and light) unless you use a system like a speed booster to adapt the FE lenses. I don't know if it exists.

Why would you use light and speed? They will behave the same.

You crop the image circle. So you waste a part of the image (light + resolution)

A lens designed for aps-c will have a smaller image circle, but sharper in density. This is always better to have a lens designed for the sensor size, unless you have an adapter like a speed booster.

I don't use anything but lenses made for FF cameras

http://birdsinaction.com/

If there's an issue using them, I've yet to see it. How sharp with resolution ??

So using FF lens and full image

Then a fairly tight crop

Again, FF lens and full un-cropped shot

Fairly tight crop again form the above shot

Trust me, if they were not sharp using FF lenses, I wouldn't be using an APS-C sensor.

All the best.

Danny.

Very nice. Which MF lens did you use for these?

Euell's gear list:Euell's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow