ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
glittercrazy
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Need help with a macro for product photography
10 months ago

Hi.

I need some guidance with regard to a good lens for product photography. I am specifically trying to figure out an ideal way to photo my handmade party goods-which are mostly glitter accented. I am finding it difficult to capture text, along with the details. I cannot just scan the products because they are 3d and I am trying to capture the sparkle and uniqueness. I can never quite seem to capture the product/sparkle in a way that looks amazing.

I am an amateur photographer on my best day. I have gotten better over the years, but I am not a pro and taking photos is always stressful for me. I have a D5100. I try to only shoot in natural light. I almost always use my 35mm 1.8 DX lens.

I do not feel I can get close enough to the products most times. And I do not feel I am capturing the sparkle in the best way. I am not sure if maybe I should try a set up that a jewelry or food photographer might use.

Any help or input would be so appreciated.

Thanks!
Kristy

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow