Sony a6000 h lens roadmap

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
S3ZAi
Contributing MemberPosts: 732Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony a6000 h lens roadmap
In reply to Christof21, 5 months ago

Christof21 wrote:

If my understanding is correct, they will only invest in FE mount lenses which are compatible with APS-C.

Well, the thing is, there are already a whole lot of apsc lenses for e-mount. We have had some lists here with all native (sony or 3rd party) e-mount lenses and the lists got longer and longer. For apsc there are also the zeiss primes, the zeiss 50mm macro has also been added to the list not so long ago. If you can't afford zeiss, the sel50 is a very very good lens. For WA There is a very good WA zoom and a zeiss prime. The only thing perhaps lacking is a fast tele-zoom or tele-prime, something like 200 or 300mm 2.8 or there abouts, but I don't think sony is seeing that as a priority right now as it is a smaller market probably. The only serious lack is a portrait lens of about 90mm, but I believe the sigma 60mm is considered to be really good, though a tad bit too short.

So the more 'common' lenses are already there for apsc, but for fe there are only 3 and no native 3d party lenses yet. So it's no surprise they are now going to concentrate on fe lenses. If you have to have lenses that aren't yet available for apsc, you could always try the la-ea2 adapter, though not sure if that would do the a6000 good or bad as the a6000 probably has even faster af.

So what lens(es) would you like for apsc before you could decide to buy the a6000?

-- hide signature --

Sezai E., philosophy geek, bibliophile and creative photographer.
Cheers!

S3ZAi's gear list:S3ZAi's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow