Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
awaldram
Forum ProPosts: 10,776Gear list
Like?
Re: Wiggle room
In reply to walberty, 8 months ago

Well I shoot with an Optically stabilized 70-200 amongst other lens  on my K3 so I;m probably one of the few who know the difference between the two from the shooters perspective.

If your shooting a brick wall the the OS gives you about 1 stop advantage over IS which really surprised me but a bigger surprise was to come.

In use OS offered no advantage in fact it seemed to be at a slight deficit I suspect this is because of the 'stabilized view' you tend to waggle the camera more without noticing so OS has less 'wiggle room'.

As to holding target again this was more obvious with ibis than OS and therefore easier to react to change and keep the target where you wanted it.

Exposure never varied between the two so that’s is complete hogwash

AF performance again no difference at all the camera behave as fast and it was as easy to acquire targets whether shooting ibis or OS

The big advantage OS had for me and why I used it is mode 2 disabling horizontal stabilization so shooting pan shots is possible with SR enabled.

If Pentax implemented the same feature I would not use OS , Ibis is just more natural and you feel more in control of the image.

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow