Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
walberty
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
Re: Wiggle room
In reply to OpticsEngineer, 8 months ago

OpticsEngineer wrote:

"Because he like others including dpreview hate Pentax - it annoys them, because to them it has always been inferior and they cannot think of it any other way despite all the facts before them"

I have a different theory. He is not annoyed at all. In fact, he is grateful Pentax is around.

Why do car magazines review the Toyota Camry and then go on and on about lack of performance and handling? To cater to the majority of their readership who see themselves as cool because they drive some sporty thing. Car enthusiasts buy the most car magazines and they want to read their sporty car is so much better than something. And it make them feel good about themselves that they are better than the average guy. The car magazines have to have some car to point to as representative of the average person who isn't smart enough to buy a really good car.

Does it hurt Toyota sales what the car enthusiast magazines say about the Camry? Not really.

As a former car nut your point is well taken and sorry for the rant.to everyone for the rant. Things is the Pentax K-50 is a CR best buy among other DSLRs. Why? It is cheap, performs well and generally has a lot going for it. So in theory if you have a really good product, which they do, then you would think it would sell better right? It is just a solid , well built , reliable and very capable device with unique features. It is the mid size family sedan that does most things very well, maybe a little sporty but it is no exotic sports car. I liken Pentax to Mazda. Limited budget and resources , but they get the most out of it. The car magazines laud Mazda, as does CR, all the time. The expert blogs and photography sites typically not so much with Pentax. I care what sites think only because I would like to Pentax to sell items in order for Ricoh to continue to support them because I really like Pentax cameras and lenses and I would like others to also at least be aware of Pentax and that their cameras are a viable option.

walberty's gear list:walberty's gear list
Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 XS Lens +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow