Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MB17
Forum MemberPosts: 55Gear list
Like?
Pocketable, good to high quality, Ultra Wide Angle Camera
7 months ago

I would like to know: which would be the best compromise between size and IQ to get a Ultra Wide Angle camera (system). By that I mean:

- between 1" and APS-C sensor.

- Prime lens in the "teens" in 35mm equivalent (prime being smaller than a zoom in that range) - does not have to be the best, but something quite nice on the smallish side. (as I have the 27mm on the RX100, a little wider in RAW, anything in the 20mm-over is not my target)

- I guess only interchangeable lens is possible at this time and age, right? No fixed focal lenght lens camera, which would be smaller, right (would love a "Ricoh GR like" camera...)?

- viewfinder: not necessary, focusing on size.

- Pocketable (Sony RX1 size being the very, very top end of size, barely pocketable)

- As a reference, I have a Sony RX100M2 and a RX1, but on this case something closer to the RX100 IQ would be quite OK for me.

- no camera brand fidelity here.

From what I researched the Sony A5000 would be the smallest body on the APS-C side, but don't know about the lenses... That's why I'm asking if someone more knowledgeable (most of you) would come up with which lens for the A5000, or come up with some system a little smaller with not too much worse IQ.

I hope I am being specific enough not to open up to much the issue.

I do appreciate a lot for any input on this, and thank in advance!

MB17's gear list:MB17's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony RX100 II NEX5R Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC Aspherical Fisheye
Sony a5000 Sony RX1 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow