Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Jim in Hudson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,154Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?
In reply to tassosDA, 7 months ago

tassosDA wrote:

According to photozone.de the 18-135 is one of the worst zoom lenses of Pentax! The sample they tested was actually so bad that they sended it back to Pentax- Germany to ask if it was defective. The reply from Pentax ( after testin the sample) was that the lens was whithin factory specifications!!! I dont own the lens but I would be very sceptical buying one cosidering also the fact that it isn't cheap either!! The best all around zoom lens from Pentax seems to be the 17-70 f4! If it had weather sealing it would be perfect.

I own the lens.  I wasn't all that happy with it and then figured out it was de-centered.  I sent it to CRIS with a couple of test images and they sent it back very quickly.  It looks excellent now and seems like a whole new lens (it's not, just adjusted).

Jim in Hudson's gear list:Jim in Hudson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-3 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow