Interesting read by Thom Hogan

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Gato Amarillo
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,561
Like?
Re: Interesting read by Thom Hogan
In reply to xinn3r, 10 months ago

I can't say this is a definitive answer, but I do know the NEX-6 does not support PDAF for the 18-105 f4. That would require a firmware update which Sony has said is not in their near plans. So there is a good chance the 6 does not support the FE lenses for PDAF. (Note that I get this from mostly from forum posters who say they got it direct from Sony -- I was not able to find a direct statement myself.)

However, I don't see any reason the 6000 would not support all current lenses -- though with Sony one never knows.

Coming back to Thom's article, I spent much of an hour searching the web for a comprehensive list of which lenses are supported on the NEX 6 -- and didn't find it. By luck I ran across it in a forum post later in the day. My problem with Sony right now is a lack of communication -- it's hard to find definitive information on cameras already in the market, much less any sense of where they are going in the future.

Gato

-- hide signature --

"We paint with our brain, not with our hands" -- Michelangelo
Portrait, figure and fantasy photography at Silver Mirage Gallery:
silvermirage.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow