First impressions and a few pics from the Fujifilm XT1 + 56mm f1.2!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aaronius
Regular MemberPosts: 295Gear list
Like?
First impressions and a few pics from the Fujifilm XT1 + 56mm f1.2!
5 months ago

Attended a Fujifilm XT1 presales hands-on session in my country earlier today. It was a pretty good event organised by Fujifilm Singapore at a cosy cafe with nice food and drinks provided.

Here are my 1st impression of the XT1.

1) Build:

Nice hefty build with a adequate grip. It feels just nice in the hands, not too heavy not too light. It feels better-built and more premium than the Sony A7 but not as nice as the Olympus EM1 which I personally feel has an even better build and grip.

2) Viewfinder:

The EVF is really huge and offers a wondrous view which I really enjoy using. Refresh rate was really quick and I didn't notice any significant lag. Colours also look very natural compared to the EVF on the A7 and my own RX1's external EVF. Compared to the EVF on the EM1, the view is noticeably larger but to my untrained eyes, I feel the colours in the EM1's EVF looks a tad more natural. I loves the portrait orientation of the EVF, I feel its quite useful to be able to view all the important info when shooting in portrait orientation. Overall, I really like the EVF and I totally don't miss the OVF when using it.

3) AF:

This aspect to me is a little disappointing. I was expecting more because of all the hype. Anyway it is not slow but not as fast as I thought it would be. Definitely faster than the XE2 which I tried at the event but noticeably slower than the EM1.

Here are some pics which I took using the XT1 + 56mm F1.2, all wide open at F1.2.

I really like this lens and if I get the XT1, this is one lens which is a sure purchase for me. All pics are OOC without any PP.

aaronius's gear list:aaronius's gear list
Sony RX1 RX100 III Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow