Nikon D800E or Canon 5d Mark 3 ?!

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 1,945Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D800E or Canon 5d Mark 3 ?!
In reply to Altin, 6 months ago

I appreciate your interest in obtaining factual data, but in all honesty I don't think you're going to get much. I'm not convinced that's the way the majority of people purchase cameras.

I guess you could look at all the tables and charts comparing technical data and listen to the people who know about such things, but unless you regularly make images of charts and walls that information may not be what you really want to know.

It seems to me, and this is certainly nothing but my own opinion, that you could purchase any one of the most recent generation of high end cameras from any one of the top half dozen or so manufactures, make the same photograph with all of them, print them all at 13 x 19, and almost nobody would be able to tell the difference.

Granted, experienced, trained, and skilled workers can extract better performance from certain equipment, and experienced, trained, and skilled workers can probably detect the difference.  Might even be some folks on this forum who can tell.  But probably not a lot.

I think most of this stuff gets bought because somebody finds the shape or tactile experience or layout of the controls or weight or their personal user experience or something like that rather than based on hard data.

-- hide signature --

http://www.nightstreets.com
-
"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named...but a dying culture invariable exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners is more significant than a riot."
This symptom is especially serious in that an individual displaying it never thinks of it as a sign of ill health but as proof of his/her strength. ...Friday, it is too late to save this culture--this worldwide culture... Therefore we must now prepare the monasteries for the coming Dark Age. Electronic records are too fragile..."
--Robert A. Heinlein in "Friday"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow