Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,800Gear list
Like?
Re: Interesting read by Thom Hogan
In reply to Dismayed, 6 months ago

Dismayed wrote:

LWS2013 wrote:

This is silly, the reason why so many failed in the early digital was was due to cost of sensor size, FF sensors are now much cheaper and have been fitted in to much smaller bodies, APS-C has no real future or one worth investing in from those that make FF systems.

Sony failing to match Canon or Nikon in the FF DSLR market is hardly a surprise but I think they've found their feet with the A7/R system.

Interesting point, but invalidated if you look at actual data. I can buy a Nikon D3100 with a kit lens for $400. Please show me a full frame sensor that's even close to that price point.

Yeah, APS-C is still a lot cheaper. When FF sensors approach the same price, things will get interesting. I wonder if Sony sees this coming in a few years?

-- hide signature --

"He could be right, he could be wrong. I think he's wrong but he says it in such a sincere way. You have to think he thinks he's right."
~ Bob Dylan

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow