DPR Fuji interview

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Georg Ucksche
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Re: DPR Fuji interview
In reply to Clayton1985, 7 months ago

Clayton1985 wrote:

IMO, the success that we're seeing with some of the latest cameras like the Sony A7r, Olympus E-M1 and the X-T1 will force Canon and Nikon to respond. More than ever before these cameras are being bought not only as a supplement to DSLRs but as complete replacements.

Nice idea. But I am not sure how big the success will be really in the end. What camera do costumers (globally) buy more: A EOS 5dIII, 6d, 700d, a Nikon d610, Df, d7100, or an A7(r), X-T1, X-E2, etc...?

In Europe and the US, mirrorless have a market share of 10%.

That is very (!!!!) little, seen the number of manufacturers (Sony, Oly, Fuji, Panasonic) and compared to the fact the the rest (90%) is mainly Canon and Nikon.

I agree that Canon and Nikon show themselves clueless about how the future of cameras should be. They continue to offer a solution that is basically 50y ears old - an SLR.  No sign of innovation since many years.

I hope that Fujis' efforts pay off in the sense that innovation - in the long run - will end up convincing the market more than stagnation.

Canon and NIkon realls offer little more than stand- still.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow