caspianm
Senior MemberPosts: 1,919Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D800E or Canon 5d Mark 3 ?!
In reply to Altin, 10 months ago

Altin wrote:

caspianm wrote:

frank-in-toronto wrote:

i have nikon and from all i've seen, canon video works much better. maybe i'm wrong on that so if video is important to u, u should research that aspect.

I don't take video but highly doubt that 5dIII offers much better video. Last time I looked D800/e offers uncompressed video out that 5DIII lacked. This site review says D800 video is better.

video is not problem for me.. i don't care about this.. the photo is important for me...

i am between d800e and 5d mk 3 ! there is the problem !!!

Then you need to decide if 36mp and better DR are what you want/need or smaller files of 5DIII. For some wedding pros it is not easy to batch process a pile of 36mm files.

Nikon traditionally has better flash system if you care. Nikon is cheaper as well but you need to find out what lenses and figure out the prices. 5DIII with 24-105IS can be purchased cheaper. On the other hand D800 with 24-120VR is going to be a bit more expensive. At the end of the day both systems are great and cannot go wrong. Having said I would not trade my D800e with 5dIII.

caspianm's gear list:caspianm's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 7D Sony SLT-A77 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha NEX-F3 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow