G1X Mk2 - First sample images ... (PICS)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
frameman
Contributing MemberPosts: 903
Like?
Re: I hope Marco buys it.
In reply to Marco Nero, 10 months ago

Have to agree Macro Nero. The camera is neither fish nor fowl. I always thought that the G1X was an uber-compact, pushing DSLRs on IQ yet retaining the compact space. The G1X II has a mixed personality, good lens, shape and an EVF (though expensive) dual rings yet it still has powered zoom, a compromised flash ability and looses the flip screen. Price for the body will fluctuate with a street price taking over eventually, but I don't see that happening with the EVF as it is obviously going to fit the M series eventually.

As written before, I was looking for a DSLR replacement. In ridding myself of said system I would loose much money, and some useability if I opt for the G1X II. If I keep said DSLR system and add a G!X (original) I would gain flexibility. As you I will have to fence sit untill a few reviews happen. There is one more thing I have thoughts on, namely, will the IQ threaten a DSLR. Canon and others make a lot of revenue on aftersales kit, this will be limited on the G1X II, and maybe this explains some of the omiission in the product. We shall see no doubt.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ha!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow