ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ketsang
Regular MemberPosts: 156Gear list
Like?
Fuji Lens Line-up (pro and non-pro)
10 months ago

Just for some discussion.

We all know that the newer primes produced by Fuji (like 14mm, 23mm, 56mm) are faster, bigger and heavier while the older set (18mm, 27mm, 35mm and 60mm) are lighter, smaller and slower (except the 35mm).

There are some of us who go mirrorless mainly for the weight and size and don't really need to super solid build and super larger aperture. On the other hand, some of us only care abut speed and build and don't mind carry some extra weight.

Therefore would it be a good idea if Fuji (like Canon and nikon) produces 2 lines up of lenses, i.e. pro and non pro with same focal length?

I am sure a lot of us will buy a 23mm f/2 if it is smaller and cheaper than 23mm f/1.4.

I am sure a lot of us will rather have the 60mm f/2.4 (due to price, size and weight) rather than the 56mm f/1.2 if the 60mm has faster autofocus?

Hypothetically lens line up:

Non-Pro: (RRP +/- $500)

14mm f/2.8, 16mm f/2.8, 18mm f/2, 23mm f/2, 35mm f/1.4, 60mm f/2.4 (+ telephoto)

Pro: (RRP +/- $1000)

14mm f/2, 16mm f/2, 18mm f/1.4, 23mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.2, 56mm f/1.2 (+ telephoto)

What is your view?

-- hide signature --

Ket Sang Tai
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ketsang/
www.kstphotography.net (under construction)

ketsang's gear list:ketsang's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow