Misinformation about m4/3

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Sergey_Green
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,291Gear list
Like?
It is just easier with the format that can do more ..
In reply to Martin.au, 10 months ago

Martin.au wrote:

If you can't demonstrate DOF changes on a M4/3s with a kit lens, you have a problem. IMO, you should be able to demonstrate that on most compacts with a reasonable zoom range.

Of course you can, but then you also have to explain what crop factor is, and why bother.

Perhaps I need to learn more about these photography courses. I'd expect a course to demonstrate the fundamentals of photography, effects of aperture, iso, shutter speed, etc and how they relate, as well as the artistic aspects.

Exactly!

All of that should be able to be taught across most camera formats.

All of it should be taught with the film SLR. But since those days are gone, there is still a reference format that is available (or at least should be) to all.

I guess if the course is built around "how to take portraits", or something, using a standard array of settings, then I can understand sticking with a single format. Can't really see the point of that sort of training though.

There you go, and not the portrait only.

Of course, if the demonstrator doesn't understand crop factor, then all bets are off.

But that is beyond the point.

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Sergey_Green's gear list:Sergey_Green's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow