Started Dec 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
pokeadoubledecker
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: I would highly recommend ......
In reply to lancespring, 10 months ago

Ylancespring wrote:

GillesF wrote:

Admitting the RX-10 is too DSL lookalike, what would you suggest (in Sony or other) as the most approaching compact then ?

That you consider the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30. ( Note: I think that it has a different name outside the USA ).

The camera is very small, and would definitely not attract attention. It has a fantastic 20x optical zoom, with really impressive image stabilization. It records awesome looking photos, as well as stunning 1080/60p video. Even does 10fps Burst Shooting at Full Resolution, which is ideal for sports coverage.

This camera is getting very high feedback from owners on the B&H Photo website.

I think that it would struggle in an indoors arena that did not have good lighting. But for any outdoor stadium it would be ideal for getting past security.

This YouTube user sneaks his Panasonic into all sorts of music venues that ban cameras completely, and then records videos of the artists performing:

http://www.youtube.com/user/pokeadoubledecker

I am youtube user pokeadoubledecker and this is incorrect.  I have never owned a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30.  Hopefully lancespring just mis-typed that.

I use either a Sony HX10V or Kodak Playsport for my videos exclusively. Please feel free to check out my channel and see what these cameras can do. I strive to achieve the best audio and video as I can, even in a stealth environment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow