And THIS is why I'm switching to Fuji from Sony...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Mebyon K
Contributing MemberPosts: 615
Like?
Re: And this is why I could be switching to Fuji from Nikon
In reply to LaFonte, 7 months ago

I recently bought a X-E1 as, although I like my Nikon V1, I wanted better image quality and went looking with an open mind. The current offer on the X-E1 was very attractive and the 18-55 lens superb, but what sealed it was the fact that I was told that, although it had just been superseded, I could download updates from Fuji UK which would greatly improve the performance.

Posted on the home page of DPR this morning from the interview with Fuji's marketing manager.

"Yes but it in the long run customer trust is very important. We’re a relatively new brand and we need to build trust. There was some internal debate about the X100 update, and some people within Fujifilm didn’t think we should upgrade a discontinued model but we decided to do it anyway."

The above is exactly what Sony has failed to do, and Canon/Nikon are starting to do by ignoring DX with their push to get everyone to upgrade to FX.

As a D700 owner I had already realised that Nikon had ignored me, and all the other D700 owners, by making the upgrade path either a D600/610 or a D800, neither of which is a replacement. However, having used the X-E1 and been stunned by the standard of the jpegs, particularly when using the film modes; and given the road map showing the two f2.8 zooms appearing before the end of this year, I am seriously thinking about buying the new X-T1 as the D700 replacement.

-- hide signature --

Mebyon K

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow