G1X Mk2 - First sample images ... (PICS)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Marco Nero
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,055Gear list
Like?
Re: I hope Marco buys it.
In reply to jonrobertp, 8 months ago

jonrobertp wrote:

Because he is so good in knowing how to use it and I'd love to see what he can do with it. Really.

Thanks.  Canon didn't contact me - but there's a reason for that (they're apparently still very annoyed with me for leaking some specs on a PowerShot years ago... not that I was employed with them at the time).
I'm right on the fence with this camera.  I think it's slightly more versatile than the Mk 1 and would offer some great felexibility in low light with superb image quality with a fixed lens, including a great Macro lens.  But there are some things I don't like about it (LCD, 24mm, noise-reduction algorithm etc).  The links to samples that were posted here on the forum in the wee hours this morning really impress me.
Still weighing up whether to buy or not.  I would normally be able to decide in an instant... which makes me think that the reasons for upgrading are not necessarily compelling enough yet. But I would recommend it to others based on what I see now.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ha!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow