G1X Mk2 - First sample images ... (PICS)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
edu T
Senior MemberPosts: 1,106Gear list
Like?
G1X's sequel
In reply to Mk7, 10 months ago

Mk7 wrote:

Marco Nero wrote:

Mk7 wrote:

Are you sure these are real? You mean there really is a MarkII? I seem to recall someone once saying:

Marco Nero wrote:

"Canon have no intention of producing a sequel to the G1X. I've been pointing this out for over a year now but for some strange reason people here keep expecting to see a successor.
In the meanwhile... forum members keep posting the same "where's the G2X?" threads asking for a sequel. There's not going to be one."

G1X Mk2 is NOT a G2X. It's not even considered a successor. Same as Canon lenses with a Mk2 designation are not a new type of lens but a re-marketing of the original lens using technical advancements. This new camera is simply a re-modelled G1X. In fact it's still called a G1X. It is not a G2X.

The Canon announcement begins:
"Canon has announced the long-awaited follow-up to its PowerShot G1 X large-sensor compact: the G1 X Mark II."
Where I come from, "follow-up", "sequel" and "successor" mean pretty much the same.
Anyway, I'm glad they did a follow-up.

Today on DPR news from Yokohama:
"The G1 X Mark II replaces the original G1 X, which was announced two years ago and offers several improvements over the older model including a faster 24-120mm equivalent F2.0-3.9 lens and a closer minimum focus distance."
Where I come from too, "follow-up", "sequel", "successor to" AND "replacement for" mean quite the same...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ha!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow