G1X MII or RX100II?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,773Gear list
Like?
Re: More pixels doesn't mean better IQ
In reply to Jennyhappy2, 10 months ago

Jennyhappy2 wrote:

Big misconception...More pixels doesn't mean better IQ.

I am very familiar with Mega Pixels I have bought several cameras with less mega pixels for performance.  I bought the Olympus XZ-1 with only 10MP on a larger compact sensor and the FZ200 with only 12 versus the 16 of similar cameras.

But when camera has a larger sensor and a good lens asking for 14-16 in a sensor this size is not unreasonable.  But I am getting more and more comfy with 13.1 or 12.8  its fine.  But having a little more crop zoom is nice occasionally when the conditions, your lens, or timing didn't allow a perfect set up.

Everyone has done some cropping to frame something after the fact unless they have no one they are accountable to, don't wear a watch, and can stop time.  If this sensor matched the pixel density of the 70D that has their most modern sensor, it could easily accommodate 16MP effective.  16MP on a sensor that size would be fine.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow