ZS40/TZ60 vs the competition

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Ianperegian
Senior MemberPosts: 2,648
Like?
Re: ZS40/TZ60 vs the competition
In reply to 21st Hermit, 5 months ago

21st Hermit wrote:

Ian, who are you trying to convince? Your preaching in the choir forum.

Actually I wasn’t particularly trying to convince anyone. I was attempting to compare the features of the three new models in an impartial way. As far as I know, no-one else has provided any comparison of the available widest apertures on these models, even the major reviewers, and IMHO that can have an important bearing on IQ.

For me the SX700 doesn't belong in this comparison, it has no GPS.

Regarding GPS, for you it is obviously of prime importance, but I don’t think that’s the case for many others. I don’t use the GPS on my ZS30. Apart from GPS the SX700 has features that are very similar to the other two models. BTW, the SX700 has WiFi and NFC, as described on the Canon site here.

Sony sells their name and MP, with their classic over processed water-color JPGs. Canon by a small margin will lead in color and detail and Panasonic will have the best balance of IQ and features.

IMHO they are rather broad generalisations and don't take into account advances in processors. Also we don't have any sample images from the SX700 yet so I can't quite see how you can assume it will "lead in color and detail". I guess time will tell though whether you are correct or not.

Ian

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow