a6000 faster than OMD E-M1, faster than most DSLR's (if not all). Good job SONY.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
gil
gil
Forum ProPosts: 16,562
Like?
The mere fact that it got something when pointed at....(more)
In reply to jpr2, 7 months ago

something from one end of the court to the other end with an old 4MP P&S at ISO 400, f3.3, 1/320 and at 420mm equivalent (hmm.. exif not showing on posted pics) should tell you something about focusing ability or maybe the luck of it no matter if a lot of things were in focus. Do you have something equivalent? I am just curious as I tried later on cell phone in such an equivalent environment and it didn't work.

Similar tracking techniques there were then adopted into some early BIFs like in the link below. Not great but showed some promises and fun.

Some BIFs using same P&S

Further improvements and practice led to more fun BIFs with DSLR, SLT, NEX, etc. What was the technique? Point and shoot of course :-). Seriously, people tend to put a lot of weight on the spec and perceived performance w/o actually trying it and investing time in optimizing their gears even if in the low end. I have a low end NEXF3 and I can somehow take BIFs, macros and other fun shots.

Some old shots links below that started from the P&S environment like the one from the basketball shots. (Some were good, some ok, some so-so and some cr@ppy for misses/hits). I guess the feat is the end results on the amount of investments done in trying to improve one's capability and not just playing reviews and specs against each other :-).

A55 test shots

P&S Test Shots

Canon 7D Test shots

A550 Test shots

NEX F3 Test shots

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
gil - San Jose, CA
Cheap Lens, JPG and 100% Handholding Provocateur
Like happiness, photography is often better created than pursued.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow