Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MazerRackham
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
WARNING: issues with B&H and A7
10 months ago

I just received my A7 kit from B&H today.

Upon unboxing, I find a nice surprise when inspecting the A7 body: a Lexar 32GB SDHC card installed!  And when powering up, the date and time were set, it was in RAW mode, etc.  My "brand new" camera was obviously either handled in the store or was a return.

I realize that they can sell items like this as "new", but at least don't be so lazy as to not reset the camera and make sure someone else's memory cards aren't installed.  (Oddly enough, there weren't any photos on the memory card...)

The camera however seemed fine, but I can't accept a used item as new, especially when shelling out 2 grand for it.  I'll never be happy with that.

I am going to return this ASAP and just buy from the Sony Store at South Coast Plaza (I live in LA).

Years ago I purchased some items from B&H and everything went well, but this recent experience has me thinking that I will NEVER be back.

Take my experience FWIW, not saying you shouldn't buy from B&H, but just be ready to find your "new" items in less than idea states.

MazerRackham's gear list:MazerRackham's gear list
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow