DX/FX sharpness: is there a real difference? (and other DX-FX questions)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
CAlanS
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
Re: DX/FX sharpness: is there a real difference? (and other DX-FX questions)
In reply to ishtar74, 5 months ago

Have D90, D7000 and added a D600 about a year ago. I see a substantial difference from the D7000 to the D600.  I have to add, that compared to most of these guys, I'm a relative newbie.  I've learned a lot so some of the difference may be due to improved technique.

D600 and dust.  I've seen it, but only got the courage to attempt to clean it within the last month.  Because I had taken so long (had the camera for a year) some of the dust/oil was pretty persistent.  I did manage to get it clean. Did it one more time after that.  Took less than 10 minutes. I would recommend Copper Hill simply because it is much less expensive than other systems.  Let me say that cleaning the sensor is not that big a deal once you get over the fear of doing damage, assuming you are careful and follow directions. As far as it being annoying, in my own mind (not yours or anyone else's) I compared it to cleaning a firearm. You need to do that every time you shoot, not so with the D600, not nearly, and cleaning a firearm takes much more effort.  i don't see the dust as a big issue.

Luck on your decision, D600 is fun.

CAlanS's gear list:CAlanS's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow