Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 1,982Gear list
Like?
Re: G1X MII or RX100II?
In reply to technic, 5 months ago

technic wrote:

Catalin Stavaru wrote:

If Canon will ever release a small APS-C camera with a fixed 28mm F2 lens (like the Nikon Coolpix A) I am sure that even without zoom it will take a lot of sales from the RX100.

Why would such a camera from Canon be much more attractive than Ricoh GR and Coolpix A? Maybe Canon can provide slightly smaller size (assuming f/2.8 28mm, not f/2), better out-of-camera jpeg and noisier sensor Ultimately the choice is between a high quality prime and a compromised zoom, and for some maybe about good ergonomics or lots of features.

People who don't like the RX100 concept already have two compact APS-C WA prime cameras to chose from.

I love my Ricoh GR.  If I could only one camera that would be it, but I really liked my Olympus XZ1 for macros and even portraits.  The Canon is similar with a larger sensor and more useful lens range, but still compact and having a camera like that is like owning a swiss army knife for someone who will use the features and I would for sure.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow