Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,930Gear list
Like?
The D4s is 24 MP
7 months ago

1) There is already buzz that folks at a certain huge sporting event are laughing it up over the successful campaign to suppress the details on the sensor; a 24 mp FX camera that shoots at high speed and can match the ISO abilities of the D4 and Df.

2) Ken Rockwell knows this. He's well connected and one of his top retail connections is Adorama, who got in a bit of trouble from Nikon and was told to remove it. Ken doesn't sell cameras so he gets to stick to his story.

3) Nikon has spent a great deal of effort to keep this quiet. The 24 MP sensor will be groundbreaking when combined with the very fast frame rate. With this camera you really get to have your cake and eat it too. The penalty will be size and price. But Nikon knows that spilling the beans now will crush the last of the D4 sales close to full pop. Every penny counts.

4) A friend of mine, who works at a large NJ based camera seller, also insists it's 24 MP.

5) I could be very wrong about all of this! But I might trade my D800 in on a D4s if it's got 24mp; a perfect combo with my Df.

Cheers,

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow