Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vetteran
Contributing MemberPosts: 827Gear list
Like?
Recommendation for newbie to Canon; 5DIII or 6D
8 months ago

I'm sure this has been addressed ad nauseam, but I'm thinking if getting back into a FF DSLR and am nit sure whether to get the 5DIII or 6D. I sold my Nikon D300 system as the IQ just wasn't what I wanted especially in skin tones. I currently have Leica X1 and XV which are great in the IQ department, but I desire a FF DSLR for the versatility and low light (high ISO) capabilities.

As far a low light is concerned, how does the 6D perform? The 5DIII is a stunner. All that I've read indicates that with the exception of focusing and focus points, the 6D is comparable to the 5DIII at high ISO.

My plans would be to get the body with the 24-105 lens for now, possibly a 50/1.4 and maybe a 70-200/4. All that I've read is that none of the 70/75-300 non-L glass variants just aren't going to keep up with the 5DIII or 6D.

Any advice appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Warm regards and very respectfully,
VETTRAN
My travel blog:www.midlifetravels.com

Vetteran's gear list:Vetteran's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica X1 Leica X Vario
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Leica X1 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow