And THIS is why I'm switching to Fuji from Sony...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,679Gear list
Like?
Re: As a company...
In reply to pew pew, 8 months ago

Not sure if it was mentioned in the plethora of earlier posts but Zeiss has announced there are more Touit lenses coming. That's good for both Sony and Fuji (less for Fuji as it competes with their lenses).

Also you realise FE lenses will work on APSc e-mount?

Apart from the fact that they are quite expensive,  they make a lot of sense.

Say you buy 5 Fuji XF lenses. Great. Lovely. What happens when Fuji eventually offers a FF Xtrans or Organic Sensor? Fuji has already said XF won't do FF. I have tested that myself by physically holding a couple of XF lenses in front of my Sony A7r - you get a circle photo where the lens doesn't cover (by the way Sony and Fuji flange distance is almost the same 17.7mm veruss 18mm for Sony - I'd love an adapter that allows Emount and Xmount to interchange).

APSc Sony buyers can then accumulate FE lenses that when many upgrade to FF their lenses are useable and it also gets rid of a major objection to upgrading to FF - I only have APSc compatible lenses.

Perhaps that aspect isn't clear.

I notice Sony has the Klutziest PR Department in the top camera makers. Their message is often lost, not well communicated, slow to respond and seem to cause a lot of upset with their customers because of this. I see it a lot on the Sony forums.

Sony are not good communicators with their public.

Greg.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow