G1X MII or RX100II?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,886
Like?
Re: G1X MII or RX100II?
In reply to howardroark, 6 months ago

howardroark wrote:

At the very least we won't have to endure reviews where some dude picks up the camera, tries to focus on something a foot away, and when it doesn't work he goes "what a worthless camera....this sucks." Now it will behave much more normally in close-up situations and have a much closer min focus distance when put in macro mode. And perhaps the AF will be fast enough that we won't have to keep reminding people that, with the proper technique, you can actually greatly improve the AF speed of the G1 X. Like a DSLR, a lot of things can be improved on the G1 X with good technique. When people pick up a P&S/compact camera they don't expect to have to use good technique: if sloppy technique in full auto mode doesn't work then they are disappointed.

Have to agree with much of what you're saying but have to add that when people pay this kind of money, for a compact camera, they shouldn't have to worry about much of anything.

The camera has a nice size sensor and the lens looks like it will be great. I only hope Canon has been able to improve the auto focus speed so the price of the camera is really justified.

I've always liked Canon and, except for the lack of a viewfinder, I think this is one of the nicest compacts I've seen. Hope it turns out to be as good as it looks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow