ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
becomeAchildAgain
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Image Rights for advertising campaign competition
7 months ago

Hello,

A client approached me for a shoot so she can use the images to enter an advertising campaign competition for a fitness company. If she wins she can be selected to be part of the company's own photo shoot for the campaign; however, its unclear how the company plans to use the images submitted by the client . Here is the relevant text in the submission form that is most confusing to me:

All submitted images and all images and video taken during the shoot will become the property of Life Time Fitness, Inc. No submissions will be returned. Please only submit images that you own.

In another part they literally specify that they are looking for "professional images". How could they ask for professional images and still ask the clients to submit images that they own!!

I'm not sure how to approach this from an image rights perspective and was hoping for some insight.

thanks in advance..

samer

500px.com/samerrizk

becomeAchildAgain's gear list:becomeAchildAgain's gear list
Nikon D3 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow