EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,070Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is FE 70-200 bigger and heavier than Canon's
In reply to Steven-T, 7 months ago

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

pevece wrote:

hellocrowley wrote:

I had high hopes for the FE system, was thinking that I'd eventually switch from Fuji, but it seems the size and weight advantage are not there?

Sony:
Filter Thread 72 mm
Dimensions (DxL) Approx. 3.15 x 6.89" (80 x 175 mm)
Weight 29.63 oz (840 g)

Canon 70-200/4 IS:
Filter Thread Front:67 mm
Dimensions (DxL) Approx. 3.0 x 6.8" (7.62 x 17.27 cm)
Weight 1.67 lb (760 g)

They should hire someone from Pentax to design the lenses.

use the canon version on a 36mp sensor and see what happens !

you want high quality , small in size, lightweight and cheap, sorry that's not feasible today

The centre of the Canon lens has been tested on 18MP APS-C, you'd need 46MP full frame to be as demanding. Its corners on 21MP full frame are not an issue. There are some A7R user using one with an adapter, ask them.

Andrew

How much does the Canon weigh with the adapter? Dimensions added too?

You can carry one MB3 for all the EF lenses (mount the adapter on the camera A7/R), rather than adding an "adapter-tube" to each FE lens.  AF speed? Hmm . . .

Steven

Thats what I do (in fact, have EA2 and MBSB in my bag right now, so a lens can be used for two different FOV as well). You are already fine with a larger and heavier set up while accepting slower AF, we should expect 70-200/4G to be fast if not the fastest lens which will not be as large or as heavy set up.

Such discussions also seem to miss the point that we are talking about lens on camera and how the two setup together as a unit.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow