Sony A6000 vs G1X 2 Locked

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Photato
Senior MemberPosts: 1,810Gear list
Sony kit lens.
In reply to particleman78, 10 months ago

particleman78 wrote:

You must be kidding or never used the Sony 16-50mm PZ. I own an NEX and actually like the system when paired with some of the better e-mount lenses. But the 16-50pz is arguably the worst lens I have ever used. The only redeeming quality is its size and weight, it has horrible vignetting in the corners, and it isn't sharp. The vignetting on that lens is so bad that even if you correct for the vignetting in software, you end up with significantly more noise in the corners. The lens on the G1X mark 1 was much better than the 16-50pz, and the lens on the mark 2 is a stop faster that the one on the mark 1.

The Sony 16-50pz couldn't do the 16mp sensor justice, having 24mp with that lens is pointless.

Photato wrote:

Problem is, the Canon lens is not that impressive, telling by the Canon samples they released.

I'd put it at the same level as the A6000 16-50 kit in optical performance. Granted both have different range and apertures.

Well, imaging resource thinks very differently than you, and have the data to prove it.

"Sony 16-50mm lens review: Finally a compact NEX kit lens that we can recommend"

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2013/06/11/sony-16-50mm-lens-review-finally-a-compact-nex-kit-lens-that-we-recommend

Photato's gear list:Photato's gear list
Canon IXUS 310 HS Canon EOS M Apple iPad Mini +1 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow