DPR Hates Criticism... Locked

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
newmikey
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,821Gear list
Seems to be very common these days
In reply to Heie2, 5 months ago

Totally agree. I eventually upped and left a forum that I'd even donated to in the past due to this (the "other" Pentax forum). I think what tipped me over is getting a mod warning for using bad language for ..... quoting the lyrics of the famous song from Monthy Python's "Life of Brian". I realized I'd had enough and was so utterly disgusted I threw in the towel.

Now I know you yourself are an American as well but you have a least spent a large part of your life abroad and understand cultural differences but most Americans will gladly watch people beat each other to pulp for a sport but will shut down anyone who'd dare to write a "bad three-letter word" or bleep 'm out if they dare use 'm on TV. Other regions will have more concerns with showing gore and violence or clearly racist writings/publications.

Same as this forum - restrictive as that place down under where the guy with the pitchfork rules (you cannot say the name of the place here) but with an off-topic forum that is one of the filthiest pits of racist fundamentalist bigotry I have ever had the misfortune to come across on the web.

I am not surprised at the fact you noted - manipulation seems to be the new trend around here since  Phil left.

Mike

-- hide signature --
 newmikey's gear list:newmikey's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +2 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow