Interesting read by Thom Hogan

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,277Gear list
Like?
Re: A Perspective
In reply to stoppingdown, 5 months ago

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Let us assume Sony does an E 50-150/4 OSS for $1k. The following will be the arguments made against it:
- too slow
- not small
- not cheap (expect paying no less than $900)

Well, I wouldn't say that - for the price, I wouldn't criticise 800-1000€ if the IQ was worth while.

-- hide signature --

Fabrizio Giudici
http://stoppingdown.net

But for one like us there will be ten unlike us (count many professional reviewers as well)  hence the noise. Then there is the issue of what do we gain with a 50-150/4 that can't be properly used on all E-mount bodies as opposed to the FE 70-200/4 that can be. We are basically lowering the reach with hope of significant cut back in cost, size and weight which I am not sure will be significant.

Since picking up a Minolta 70-210/4, I have wanted to see Sony put a similar lens (I was thinking A-mount) and weeks later the 70-200 was announced. that lens makes more sense toe even 100-150g could be trimmed, with couple of hudred dollars less in lower range with APSc. I also believe in that it is better to invest on lenses as an upgrade path than to look at bodies as a path to upgrade. If I were to choose going FF, the key component will already be home.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow