Gary Martin
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,040Gear list
Re: Tilting at windmills
In reply to KL Matt, 6 months ago

KL Matt wrote:

Gary Martin wrote:

KL Matt wrote:

In reply to awaldram (Jim didn't write this):

I couldn't care either way the only thing that erks me is saying one thing and doing another, Its nonprofessional and leads to miss management of the customers expectations.

So we're customers, now? How did that happen? How much are you paying for your subscription? Mine's free.

Edit: misattribution of quote corrected.

We are customers for their advertising.

No, we are most certainly not "customers for their advertising", since that would imply that we purchase advertising from DPReview. That applies to practically no one here (unless of course you are a marketing manager of a camera company or their ad agency, but you can probably count those individuals here on one hand).

I'm not counting the DPR Gear Shop, but you don't mean that anyway. Even if, buying a camera no less entitles you to demanding certain editorial decisions than does ignoring their ads.

LOL, it's our *eyeballs* that they want - DPR is not a charity organization, and they need traffic to be successful. The typical DPR reader is likely to spend thousands of dollars on camera gear, and is a valuable advertising target for the photo industry. It's a pity that you don't think you are of value to DPR, and that you should be satisfied for whatever *free* information that the internet offers you.

Gary Martin's gear list:Gary Martin's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +3 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow