Euell wrote:

hip2 wrote:

Euell wrote:

hip2 wrote:

Euell wrote:

SQLGuy wrote:

Euell wrote:

Tim Devine wrote:

Full frame sensors are more challenging to develop. The AF features provided by the A6000 sensor will work their way up to the full frame line I believe.

I'm not upset...the a7R is great for my purposes. I wouldn't have wanted them to hold up the release for this.

-Tim

Euell wrote:

How could Sony put better AF in its APSc line (A6000) than in its recently created full frame line? What were they thinking? Owners of the A7 and A7r must be really disappointed that their cameras were not endowed with this better technology, since they bought them just in the last few months.

I'm sure those AF features or even better AF will work its way up to the full frame line. Some people say they don't care and/or never use AF anyway. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

No. You just don't get it.

I was actually very pleased to see that Sony was trying to push better AF into their more mainsteam mirrorless lineup, but I bought a NEX-5 for legacy glass, I upgraded to a NEX-7 for legacy glass, and the A7 was basically the camera I've been waiting for since digital ILCs were introduced.

What's the A6000 sensor going to do for me? It's APS-C. I want full frame. It has better PDAF... that's not even going to give me faster focus peaking. If they had included this functionality in the A7, I wouldn't have minded, but it would also have made very little (if any) difference in how I use my camera.

Sorry not to support your theory. BTW, odds are, if you had bought an A7, you would probably have already returned it because it doesn't appear to be the right camera for what you want to do. Isn't that why you didn't buy one? Have you pre-ordered your A6000 yet?

-- hide signature --

A7 with kit lens and a number of legacy lenses (mostly Canon FD)

Yes, preordered the A6000 from B&H. I'm not sure Sony full frame is in the picture for me, more likely Canon or maybe even Nikon, due to the paucity of quality Sony full frame lenses and Sony pricing on its lenses.

The 55mm is a bargain and it could be the only lens you ever need

-- hide signature --

- The French HiP -

Too long for general use on APSc.

Then use it on Full Frame, which was what you were talking about...

-- hide signature --

- The French HiP -

Not I, Sir.

you were the one that said "I'm not sure Sony full frame is in the picture for me, more likely Canon or maybe even Nikon, due to the paucity of quality Sony full frame lenses and Sony pricing on its lenses."

it's even in the quote...

i suggested the 55mm as the only lens you would ever need...
but you seem only here to bash on Sony systems anyway, so you don't care or you will try to dodge most of the remarks people are making, like you are trying right now

-- hide signature --

- The French HiP -

What are you smoking? Must be really good stuff.  Work on clarity in your writing.  My post indicated a present interest in APSc, rather than full frame, and you provided a suggestion for a 55mm lens, which, as I indicated, is too long for a general purpose lens on an APSc. From all reports the 55mm is a really excellent lens.  Maybe you just like to argue.  Hmm??

Euell's gear list:Euell's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
55mmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow