Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EvilOne
Forum ProPosts: 13,572Gear list
Like?
Sad but inevitable
7 months ago

Its very sad to come here everyday, but I can't stay away, I've invested many years into this forum but I would rather see it die than come here everyday and be saddened by its painful death.

I do have fond memories of people and threads and the excitement we once had here. I remember one day we had a thread that was 151 post long , even when this forum had a 150 post limit to a thread. the topic of that thread was " do you carry toilet paper into the field". Was it irreverent? sure. it was meant to be.... was it funny, ? you betcha!.  this forum was a black hole we could all share photographs of our part of the world and through that black hole we could be transported to all parts of the world through the eyes of the members.

I tried to revive this forum when no one came here ( 3or 4 people also tried to help me get this forum going again ) I came here every day for a year and posted to three or four previous threads and always added a few photographs. a couple of times during that year I answered something in every post on the first page, and not just a Bump post. something that was specific to each thread. I took about two hours to run a comment on every thread. It didn't work because there isn't enough people interested in keeping this forum going, and that was a year and a half ago when there were many more lurkers then there are now.  I still come here every day, but would rather not come here at all, because its futile to try. If it wasn't here at all I think I would feel better than coming here everyday and see this forum die a slow and agonizing death. Please don't tell me to add comments or post photographs now, I've already said I tried that for a year daily .and it didn't work then when more people were coming here, than now. this forum is down to about 20 people who look, one or two curious newbies, and a few people who actually post something.

This forum deserves a graceful and dignified burial.

Bill aka EO

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow