unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Speculation on the A6000 vs the NEX-7
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, 9 months ago

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

1prime wrote:

I realize the upcoming A6000 will be a NEX-6 extension, but with the BIONZ processer and a newer but similar to NEX-7 size 24.3MP sensor.

I wonder if any reviewers who have checked out the A6000 would have comparisons of the 7 & 60000. I'm sure the 6000 will have a 6-like composite body. Will the 6000 come close to or surpass the 7? And, if so, in which ways?

-- hide signature --

1prime

I have NEX-5N, NEX-6, NEX-7.
I will buy the A6000 as soon as it will be available... but:
I have my doubts about Sony's camera development.. from my point of view, NEX-5N and NEX-7 were a unrivaled class of cameras, what Sony did later is another thing..

I think NEX-5N is the best 16Mpx NEX, for now NEX-7 is the best 24 Mpx NEX.

All the new things: PDAF, Bionz-x superior ? jpeg processor, selective noise reduction, diffraction correction, etc., from their implementation in existing NEX, Alpha and A cameras are not so clear improvements.

In addition, all the trade offs in materials, EVF, Screen quality kind of convince me that NEX-5N and NEX-7 will remain .. legends..

Just my opinion.

Don't look at a6000 doing what 5N and 7 brought at the time. Look at how, or whether, 6000 improves upon them.

-It gets you the resolution of NEX-7 (possibly with better high ISO performance), and at half the price.
-It costs as much as NEX-5N but also includes the new features and most importantly an integrated EVF. It was this aspect that made NEX-6 popular (not as expensive as NEX-7, and not as handicapped as 5R).
-It promises to address two of the biggest issues that have plagued NEX cameras: AF speed, Tracking and User Interface.
-While NEX-6/7 also had 10 fps burst, they were handicapped by tiny buffer and inability to track focus. The a6000 promises significant improvement.
-Other features (WiFi, NFC, Apps, Eye AF, Object Tracking, AF-C settings for video vs stills, active stabilization for video) etc are additional bonuses.
- Did I mention body only $650?

If that isn't impressive, I am not sure what Sony would have to do at the price point to make it legendary. Reduce its bottomline, if not sell them at a loss?

Is your post meant to start a quarrel ? or what ? I said my opinion, I also said will buy the camera as soon as it will hit the shelves. Don't bother talking about what Sony has to do at the price point for me...

I meant to start a discussion on the points you made in this thread about how a6000 does not bring anything like 5N and 7 did.

This is not what I said. I did not say that "a6000 does not bring anything like 5N and 7 did".. I said that I have my doubts...
... as a matter of fact I said what I had to say..

5nex7's gear list:5nex7's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +54 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow