Speculation on the A6000 vs the NEX-7

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Like?
Droid, I know you don't want to read this...
In reply to PVCdroid, 10 months ago

edwardaneal wrote:

Euell wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

OpticsEngineer wrote:

much faster AF on the A6000

can you say that with my Sigma AF lenses?

Probably not any slower.

but whats the point of changing if it isn't actually faster? seriously, if you take away the faster AF what does the A6000 offer that I don't already have? and what would I loose like the EVF resolution and no mic input?

seriously, at this point we don't even know which sensor is better - at low ISO without the pdaf pixels there is a very reasonable chance that the NEX-7 sensor might actually perform better

One advantage to NEX-7 owners is that the camera is still great and is not being trumped to obsolete status. Let it ride I guess and enjoy what we've got...for now. It doesn't make sense to me to replace the NEX line with only two cameras and I believe that there will be a NEX-7 replacement sometime in the future. I don't know what a NEX-7 will have in terms of resolution, features, etc. but Sony would be kind of silly to only have two RF style replacements with a generally good lens line up for APS-C.

Sony execs tend to make some stupid remarks when asked about their strategy. Yes, they need to put forth good quality FE lenses but to say that's what their focus is while introducing the A6000 is kind of silly. There is room for both APS-C and FF cameras. From Sony exec comments, I sometimes get the impression they believe FF will replace APS-C. I'm sure margins are in favor of FF camera and lens sales but a FF camera is not as easy to shoot for enthusiasts considering narrow DOF.

... but Sony execs have good reasons to not announce their products months before they want to announce. There was a point to the story of geese that laid golden eggs.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow