G1X MII or RX100II?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Dames01
Forum MemberPosts: 55Gear list
Like?
Re: G1X MII or RX100II?
In reply to phazelag, 10 months ago

phazelag wrote:

I know the megapixel police will be cursing me, but I think 14-16 would have been excellent. I have my Ricoh GR at 16 and it is nice to be able to crop to zoom. This where I think many buyers looking for high quality in their pocket will be more likely to choose the Sony RX100 or RX100II. Yes I am guessing the G1X will have nicer high ISO photos, but really how much better and how often will that be necessary compared to wanting the details in the 20MP Sony.

I am sorry but it seems to me that you are comparing apples and pears. The Ricoh GR is undoubtedly a great camera, but it has a fixed focal length of 28mm whereas the G1X mk II has a 24 to 120mm zoom lens. So you will not need to crop, unless of course you forget to zoom

And as concerns the Sony RX100, the sensor size is less than half the area size of that of the G1X mk II. If you compare the image quality between the original G1X and the RX100, you will see more noise starting at ISO 800!

Dames01's gear list:Dames01's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow