Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Speculation on the A6000 vs the NEX-7
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, 5 months ago

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

1prime wrote:

I realize the upcoming A6000 will be a NEX-6 extension, but with the BIONZ processer and a newer but similar to NEX-7 size 24.3MP sensor.

I wonder if any reviewers who have checked out the A6000 would have comparisons of the 7 & 60000. I'm sure the 6000 will have a 6-like composite body. Will the 6000 come close to or surpass the 7? And, if so, in which ways?

-- hide signature --

1prime

I have NEX-5N, NEX-6, NEX-7.
I will buy the A6000 as soon as it will be available... but:
I have my doubts about Sony's camera development.. from my point of view, NEX-5N and NEX-7 were a unrivaled class of cameras, what Sony did later is another thing..

I think NEX-5N is the best 16Mpx NEX, for now NEX-7 is the best 24 Mpx NEX.

All the new things: PDAF, Bionz-x superior ? jpeg processor, selective noise reduction, diffraction correction, etc., from their implementation in existing NEX, Alpha and A cameras are not so clear improvements.

In addition, all the trade offs in materials, EVF, Screen quality kind of convince me that NEX-5N and NEX-7 will remain .. legends..

Just my opinion.

Don't look at a6000 doing what 5N and 7 brought at the time. Look at how, or whether, 6000 improves upon them.

-It gets you the resolution of NEX-7 (possibly with better high ISO performance), and at half the price.
-It costs as much as NEX-5N but also includes the new features and most importantly an integrated EVF. It was this aspect that made NEX-6 popular (not as expensive as NEX-7, and not as handicapped as 5R).
-It promises to address two of the biggest issues that have plagued NEX cameras: AF speed, Tracking and User Interface.
-While NEX-6/7 also had 10 fps burst, they were handicapped by tiny buffer and inability to track focus. The a6000 promises significant improvement.
-Other features (WiFi, NFC, Apps, Eye AF, Object Tracking, AF-C settings for video vs stills, active stabilization for video) etc are additional bonuses.
- Did I mention body only $650?

If that isn't impressive, I am not sure what Sony would have to do at the price point to make it legendary. Reduce its bottomline, if not sell them at a loss?

Is your post meant to start a quarrel ? or what ? I said my opinion, I also said will buy the camera as soon as it will hit the shelves. Don't bother talking about what Sony has to do at the price point for me...

Waiting for new brothers..

5nex7's gear list:5nex7's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +54 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow