Show me your neck straps.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael Meissner
Forum ProPosts: 23,142Gear list
Like?
Re: Plastic buckles??
In reply to Paul Auclair, 8 months ago

Paul Auclair wrote:

Actually I have not seen any metalic buckles of the images at this thread (I did not look at all the posts).

I still use the OEM straps (no issues in 15 years with Oly's OEM straps) but if I did swap out I'd look for metal buckles firstly and comfort secondly.

The Domke gripper straps have metal swivel clips.  For the larger quick release clips, I would worry that a metal clip would wind up scratching my lcd.

Note, I use my Domke strap in a slightly different method than the manufacturer suggests.  The Domke strap consists of the shoulder strap, with a fixed D-ring on each each, and two 3/8" straps that you feed through the camera's strap holders, with metal clips on the end.  I reverse it, and use the metal clips to attach to the ring you normally attach the strap to, and use the metal clips to attach to the shoulder pad.  This way, when I take off the strap, I don't have a long tail hanging off the camera.

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus Tough TG-2 Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow