technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,624Gear list
Like?
Re: G1X MII or RX100II?
In reply to meland, 10 months ago

meland wrote:

technic wrote:

Tonkotsu Ramen wrote:

Yes well, canon is still a business. They're in it to make money as well.

yes, so many product feature/quality decisions are based on making money, not so much on what is technically possible.

Of course. You might like them to be a charity but unfortunately they wouldn't remain in business very long if they were. And even if they made the very best products technically possible there is absolutely no guarantee that those products, at the price they would probably have to be sold for, would sell. All manufacturing for the consumer is a compromise even if some here think that makes manufacturers dirty, money grabbing bastards.

Yes, I'm not making any moral judgments on Canon. I'm just stating this because some people are suggesting that some features are technically impossible or something ... I don't doubt that Canon could make a much better camera, but ultimately it is marketing (and not engineering) these days that decides which consumer products will make it to market.

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow